1) Failure to call the school prior to 8:00 am on the day of absence will result in a student detention.
2) Failure to hand in a letter signed by an authorized parent/guardian upon return to school will result in a student detention.
This NYC Office of School Health General Medication Administration Form must be signed by a parent and a physician.
This form should not be used for Diabetes, Seizure, Asthma or allergy medication.
Please click http://infohub.nyced.org/in-our-schools/languageaccess/letters/health-forms-and-notices for additional forms and notices.
Preston offers various field trips, retreats, etc. Here is the consent form that must be completed and signed by a parent in order for the student to participate.
All students must have a complete physical examination prior to entering Preston High School
- For incoming Freshmen, physicals must be dated within 12 months of September of the academic year.
- New York State requires immunizations for entrance into High School (listed on physical examination form)
- Proof of those immunizations is required for entrance into Preston
- Approval for physical activity is required by a physician in order to participate in Physical Education
This is the only physical your daughter will need for the next four years for school and physical education.
However, in order to participate in sports, a physical and clearance by a physician is required EVERY year. Please remember that the sport season includes tryouts.
The Preston uniform is one symbol of the unity, respect, and pride of the school community. Appearance reflects professionalism and positive self-image. The uniform reflects that attitude by its neatness, cleanliness, appropriate length of skirts, and proper fit.
Liebman's Children's Clothing, located on 510 Main Street, New Rochelle, NY 10801, is our official school uniform provider.
Click on "School Uniform" above to obtain the order form and pricing.
Working papers for Preston students are valid for lawful employment of a minor 14-17 years of age enrolled in day school when attendance is not required. Please click on Working Papers Application for general information, hours of employment, prohibited employment and the application.
Return the application to the School Secretary and Make sure you have with you:
- An application with Section 1 completed and signed by a parent
- A birth certificate as proof of your age
- Social Security Card
- An original version of a: New York State doctor's note (stating the student is "fit for employment") or Certificate of physical fitness completed by a NY State physician